Thursday, September 10, 2009

Project Runway- Youz Out!!!

I am a huge project runway fan. I am amazed at the creativity and talent that pours out of these people's hands. I love fashion and would love to have just an ounce of their designing abilities, but whenever I try to creatively design my own outfit (read take a pair of scissors and a handful of safety pins to my threads) I find myself looking, well, homemade. . . Oh, but I have tried, don't get me wrong, my old journals contain sketches that suspiciously resemble last month's Elle, Target ads, or Glamour- if I am lucky. Nothing quiet as innovative or fresh as the budding artists on my beloved lifetime reality fluff. Thus I am resigned to a life of purchasing clothes, often with a scoff "I could make this", and a flash-forward of me standing in my closet, with an iron in one hand and scissors in another, hair in a sticky, curly mess, with the thought "this stitch witchery is crap"

No comments:

Post a Comment