Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm Blue (da ba de da ba dye)

While at a work function the other month we were all given the Color Personality Test.  I have always found personality quizzes to be fun and entertaining, but have never found them to be very ground- breaking.  The Color Personality Test (Blue- Orange- Gold- Green version) http://www.truecolorscareer.com/quiz.asp for me however, is spot on.  There are things I have learned from this personality test that I thought either

A) everyone did and learned that in fact it is a trait specific to my color type You mean not everyone has to say 'I love you' to their significant other every time they get off the phone? Not everyone needs direct eye contact when having a conversation with another?
and
B) Things that I thought only I did that I felt made me a tad odd, but learned were actually also specific to my color type.  I am not the only one who cries when frustrated and has to share my feelings At. This. Exact. Moment. ?

Internet, welcome to the world of a blue.  I have taken two different versions of the quiz and both have come out blaringly similar.  Mostly blue with orange being a distant runner up.

What does that mean?  Well I am so glad you asked :) In short blues seek harmony and respond to things based on emotions, golds appreciate order, structure, and responsiblity, oranges are energetic, seek change and thrills, and greens are analytical, appreciate logic and intellectual discovery.  This is why an orange may not be happy as a data processor or a blue may freeze at the thought of joining the debate team.  Of course we are all a mix of each personality color and no two people are exactly the same, but this is a fun way to understand your own strengths and weaknesses.  Go ahead and try it for fun. . .

What color are you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm well balanced with green in the lead :)

    ReplyDelete