Wednesday, December 9, 2009

An Open Letter to Barbara Walters

Dear Babs,

While I truly enjoy your top ten most fascinating lists, I have a bone to pick with you. When you are interviewing the First Lady as your number one most fascinating person please refrain from spending a third of the already too short interview discussing said woman's arm buffness. In the words of Rihanna "puh-leaze". I know you are getting old and have seen it all, but I am unimpressed and frankly as a woman to another woman a tad offended that you would result to discussing a woman's already over objectified- body in the first place. Let me help you with a few questions you could ask Michelle if you are ever graced with her presence in the future.

"What has been the most exciting thing you have done this year?"

"As a strong woman and role model, who do you look up to?"

"You said your focus will be on children's health, how will you implement your mission into a concrete plan?"

"How have your values and beliefs changed or been strengthened within the last year?"

If you would like anymore suggestions please feel free to contact me. I would be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Lo

P.S. I found your interview with Lady Gaga (of all people) to be compassionate and almost a tad provacative. Kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment