Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Do you smell that? That is the smell of Thanksgiving, my favorite time of year. I love the turkey, sweet potatoes, my dad's -everything but the kitchen sink- stuffing, J's cranberry salad, pumpkin cheesecake and green bean casserole. I love Thanksgiving so much I have no qualms about doing it all over again a mere three hours later. J and I do the newlywed double duty. We actually have been doing the double duty long before becoming newlyweds, but I think the holidays are something every new couple has to navigate and plan carefully.

We are fortunate enough to have both families living within 10 minutes of each other so we are able to do the double duty for practically every holiday. On Christmas Eve we have even started our own tradition of bringing both sides together while we host game and appetizer night. It is a nice way for us to ease our way into hosting holidays, show off our beautiful fancy wedding dishes, and bring everyone to us. Tomorrow, however, we are having lunch with J's family and dinner at my brother's. My stomach can't wait.

Another thing I love about Thanksgiving weekend is Black Friday. You won't see me standing in line at 4 am outside of Walmart or pushing over any soccer mom's for the last Wii. But I love the excitement of it all. I love the hustle and bustle and enthusiasm of the upcoming holidays.

I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving filled with many blessings and moments to reflect on the things you are truly grateful and thankful for.

Sincerely,
Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment